Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tagged: Ten Things

I guess, I was tagged.  Tagged by blackshirt13
Here goes the rules of engagement:

  • Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves.
  • You have to choose and tag ten people.
  • Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them.
  • No tag backs.
  • Have fun.

Ten things, right?

1. I cannot function without coffee.  I tried, seriously.  I failed.  It doesn't have to be an overpriced gourmet coffee.  I can live with 3-in-1 sachets.  I just need hot water to blend it with.  Some friends who have seen me without coffee all agree that I'm a perfect bitch without it.  It's as if I'm not even human yet.  That's my magic potion.

2. I have a high tolerance for pain and alcohol.  Given my small frame, people often think that I'm very fragile.  Well, I'm not made of glass.  I'm not going to break.  Neither am I going to have fainting spells on the sixth bottle of beer.  I'm just going to be really bubbly and animated.  I'll probably dance a bit, too.  However, I'm past the age of substance abuse.  I stop drinking when I can't hold my liquor any longer.  

3. I enjoy being on my own.  There are people who have difficulty doing things alone.  I'm not one of them.  I have watched a movie on my own.  I have traveled on my own.  I have no problem eating in a restaurant alone.  I even live alone.  And no, I'm not a hermit nor am I afraid of people.  People have asked me if that makes me sad.  It only becomes sad when I start thinking it is.  Besides, it allows me to move at my own pace.  I enjoy other people's company, but I have no problem being on my own.

4. I am clumsy.  I have, what a friend calls, a series of unfortunate, self-inflicted accidents.  I have cut myself, burned myself, injured myself, and simply hurt myself with no intent of harm.  I am one of those people who will bump herself against a pole while walking on an empty street.  I can probably manage to kill myself by accident, too.  

5. I listen to foreign-language music.  I love music in all forms, shapes and languages.  Some of my favorite songs are in Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Italian, French and Spanish.  While some people find it gauche to listen to music they do not understand, I on the other hand, believe that music in itself is a language.  The words are only secondary.  What matters is that the music itself speaks to me.

6. I'm an activist at heart.  I have always been too opinionated.  Back when I was younger and ignorant, I believed that I can change the world.  I do not believe that, anymore.  I believe I can influence positive change, though.  Others can only decide for themselves.  I, on the other hand, have within my capacity the ability to influence a positive decision.  A positive decision that can influence another positive decision.  Paying it forward, after all, is almost like networking.  

7. I'm a southpaw Gemini.  A lot of the theories surrounding lefties do apply to me.  Right-brain focused, introverts and artsy-fartsy.  On the other hand, not everything about Geminis apply to me.  I do tend to be fickle and I am easy to bore.  I'm not a gregarious person, though.  Geminis are often described as the life of the party, but believe me, I'm hardly that. 

8. I'm a photography enthusiast.  This enthusiasm has fueled my 365 Project.  I grew up taking random pictures of things.  I say, not much has changed.  I still like taking random pictures of things.  I take pictures of things I like seeing, and no, I do not do photography to feed the artist in me.  I honestly believe that photography is a science.  The right time, the right subject, the right angle, the right amount of light and you got yourself a good photo.


9. I'm nocturnal.  My work has pretty much set my body clock on night shift.  My brain follows the Eastern Timezone.  I live, more or less, twelve hours behind everyone else.  My brain is much more awake at night.  It somehow seems less productive during the day.  Every time I work in the day shift, I feel displaced.


10. My definition of OC is Organized Chaos.  One reason why I decided to live on my own is because I remember putting things where I left them, not where they're supposed to be.  Sometimes, my desk would look like roadkill but it means I have left it that way and I understand it better that way.  I'm kinesthetic, so it adds to my having to have several things around me to understand.


Now, here's the ten folks I'm tagging on this blog post.  I would have tagged everyone on Team Project 365, pero ten lang daw eh.  No pressure to post, ladies. :)


Dianne, Joanne, Myealexis, Gwacie, Kitchen Goddess, mango_shake, princessposh, Reggie, southpaw, Pink

3 comments:

  1. So this is your other blog. =) Reading through your ten things, I realize we have quite a few things in common. Like numbers 3,5,8 and 9. I used to be addicted to coffee too just like you. Unfortunately, circumstances conspired to wean me off my lifeblood--at least for now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @blackshirt13: Talaga? I can't think how can I avoid coffee. Parang di ko kaya. Parang di din kaya ng friends ko. :D

    8 and 9, I know a lot of people similar to me. Pero 3 and 5, konti lang. My neighbors are weirded out with the music they hear from my place. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Faith!

    same on 2,3 and 9.

    let's follow each other :)

    ReplyDelete